Chef Mikel Anthony had a blast free-styling the first recorded Work Sharp Culinary rap to his succulent Abalone over Cavatelli with Brown Butter Lobster Sauce… sharpen those knives!
- Pound abalone with a mallet for a minute or two.
- Slice thin and keep refrigerated.
- Torch right before serving.
500 grams AP Flour
500 grams Semolina
20 grams Tumeric
500 grams Eggs
20 grams EVOO
20 grams Salt
- Mix all ingredients to form a dough.
- Roll dough into cavatelli using either a gnocchi paddle, fork, or bottom of mandoline.
1-2 heads Lobster Shells
4 oz Brown Butter
1 tbsp Red Miso
Cold Butter or Xanthan Gum
- Make a broth with the lobster shells. Reserve some for later and blend the rest of the broth with the prawn shells.
- Strain through a chinois or fine strainer.
- Place in clean Vitamix blender and blend with brown butter and red miso.
- Thicken with more cold butter or xanthan gum.
- Sauté garlic and ginger, deglaze with lobster stock.
- Add Sauce and cooked Cavatelli. Cook 2 minutes and add green onion.
- Garnish with celery leaves, torched abalone, and orange zest.