Reuben Stuffed Hasselback Potatoes
by recipe developer Rosalynn Daniels of rosalynndaniels.com
I’ve seen the hasselback style of cooking potatoes for years and always wanted to try it, so I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to make that happen. It’s such an easy method to jazz up your potatoes. Just make 1/4-1/2 inch slices down your baked potato and give it a butter bath before popping it into the oven. For this recipe, I decided to add fennel seeds to my butter bath, to add a bit of an aromatic spice and more flavor.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 6 Large Baking Potatoes
- 12 Tbs of Butter
- 3 Tbs of Fennel
- 4 Cups of Shredded Corned Beef
- 4 Cups of Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Make slices about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick on your potato, trying not cut the slices off. This is where the chopsticks come in handy.
- Rub melted butter and fennel on potatoes. Remember to get in between the slices.
- Bake for 45 mins.
- Take out of oven and add shredded corned beef on top and in between slices on potato.
- Top with shredded swiss cheese.
- Put back into oven for about 15 minutes, or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Top with a tangy slaw or with sauerkraut and thousand island dressing.
About the Author:
Rosalynn Daniels is a restaurateur, millennial mom, wife and lifestyle personality. Although born in Charleston, SC and raised in Virginia Beach, VA, Rosalynn grew up all over the world and has experienced a myriad of cultures, due to her father’s military career. Those travels molded and shaped Rosalynn into a bright personality that allows her to relate to people of all backgrounds.
Rosalynn takes pride in introducing millennial women to easy recipes, travel tips, lifestyle hacks and a glimpse into how she juggles being a wife, mom, and goal-getter. She knows her audience well and aids them in figuring it all out, so they don’t have to. To follow her and find inspirational recipes, click on any of the photos or go directly to her website www.rosalynndaniels.com
Want to truly succeed in the kitchen?
With all recipes, we at Work Sharp Culinary recommend starting EVERY recipe with the best tools. To help you succeed, we recommend a sharp knife to prepare your protein. With our newest model, the E2, on the market, we’ve got the kitchen knife sharpener that’s a perfect gift for your dull knives at a more economical price point. For $49.99, your knives will be accurately sharp at the push of a button. Check it out by clicking HERE.
As an added bonus, we offer newsletter exclusive discount codes, so be sure to sign up if you’d like the opportunity to win knife sharpeners, knives and other kitchen tools!