This original take on classic North Indian chicken marries earthy spices and citric brightness with a just-so-slightly piquant red pepper bite for a flavorful, light chicken breast that is the star of the show and pairs amazingly with Chef Bella’s North Indian Tomato Sauce and Sauteed Kale and Spinach.
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 tablespoon cumin seed
- zest of 1 large lemon
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 minced garlic clove
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Combine coriander and cumin seeds in frying pan; on low-med heat toast seeds until aromatic and toasted.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; submerge 2 lbs. of Chicken breast in marinade. Let chicken marinade for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Grill chicken over open flame or cast iron griddle for best results.
- Finish fresh lemon juice and season with salt to taste.