A simple dish that really let’s the ingredients shine, Scottish Salmon is the perfect dish for the foodie crunched for time. A sharp knife and the beautiful colors of dill and beet make for a presentation that’s as stunning as it is elegant.
1 Salmon Filet
1 quart Oil
2-3 springs Dill
- Place oil and dill in a pot.
- Poach salmon in oil at 113-117˚F for up to 20 minutes.
1 bunch Dill
2-3 cups Oil
- Place dill in blender and blend with oil.
- Strain slowly through a fine mesh strainer, coffee filter, or cheesecloth.
2-3 small Beets
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
pinch Xanthan Gum
1 tsp Agar Agar
- Purée peeled and cooked beets in blender.
- Add water to loosen purée followed by balsamic and xanthan gum.
- Place beet purée in a pot with agar agar, boil until thickened.
- Strain through fine mesh strainer or tamis and let cool to form a gel.
- Place beet purée back in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place beet gel dots and poached salmon on a plate.
- Garnish with dill oil, fresh dill, and finishing salt.