STICKY CHICKEN FROM THE SLOW COOKER
Recipe from Simone, of In Simone’s Kitchen www.insimoneskitchen.com
We ate this with savoy cabbage with shiitake mushrooms and sweet potatoe fries. If you make it for Christmas you can pair it with an extra large green salad or something along those lines and you’re done for not too much.
Prep time : 10 MINS
Slow cooker : 4 HRS 40 MINS
Servings: 4 PEOPLE
- 4-8 drumsticks skin removed
- 150 ml (3/4 cup) honey
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) balsamic
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- 100 gr (3.4 oz) peanut butter
- 3 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- black pepper
- roasted sesame seeds
- coriander or fresh parsley
- Place the honey, balsamic, soy sauce, peanut butter, chipotle, garlic, ginger and black pepper together in a small saucepan and bring slowly to the boil. Make sure it is all mixed well and add to the slow cooker.
- Turn it on high and add the drumsticks to the sauce. Pour something over the chicken if it is not yet covered.
- Leave to simmer slowly and turn the chicken over half way through.
- Once the chicken is cooked sprinkle it with sesame seed once it is served and add coriander.
About the author:
Simone is a food photographer, recipe developer, nutritionist, trainer hormone factor and cat lover. She lives in the Netherlands but loves to travel all over the world and share the culinary finds with others! Her work, recipes and photograph tips can be found on her website by clicking HERE.
With all recipes, we at Work Sharp Culinary recommend starting every recipe with the best tools! To help you succeed, we recommend a sharp knife to prepare your protein. With our newest model, the E2, on the market, we’ve got the kitchen knife sharpener that’s a perfect gift for your dull knives at a more economical price point. For $49.99, your knives will be accurately sharp at the push of a button. Check it out by clicking HERE.
As an added bonus, we offer newsletter exclusive discount codes, so be sure to sign up if you’d like the opportunity to win knife sharpeners, knives and other kitchen tools!